The beauty of a fab find...


Sometimes I love it when things don’t go according to plan.
I found this bar-height chair a few weekends ago when I was furniture hunting at a local antique/vintage mall. It was $25. Seriously. It’s in excellent condition so I grabbed it and brought it home with me thinking I would give it a makeover ~ paint it a funky color, etc.
I brought it in from the car and set it down in the living room where you see it now. When I walked in the room later that night, I thought, you know, I kind of like that there just as it is. I had company visiting and without any prompting from me, they said the same thing.


So, for now, I have decided to leave my new find there in its new home. It came in handy when I cleaned off the coffee table for a little autumn decorating ~ I just moved the books into the chair, so now it’s a bookshelf. Somehow, it seems to work.


I’m sure at some point I’ll give it that makeover. If I can ever figure out what that should be. In the meantime, I’ll just enjoy that my original plan was replaced with something that requires no work from me.
Wishing all of you a lovely week...


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.