Red Velvet cupcakes (the easy way)...


I absolutely love red velvet cupcakes. While I always prefer them made from scratch, I picked up a couple of boxes of Betty Crocker mix in the grocery store awhile ago because they were buy one get one free ~ I figured it was worth trying them. The first batch was good but a bit lacking in chocolate flavor, I thought. So when I had a craving for them last week, I decided to use the other box of mix but add a bag of Ghirardelli’s milk chocolate chips to them. I didn’t bother to melt the chips down; I just threw them in the batter. (Tip: To keep the chips from sinking to the bottom of the cupcakes, put them in a bowl first and toss them with a tablespoon or so of flour. Add them to the batter just before you put it in the pan.)
And you know what? The cupcakes were wonderful. Those bite size pieces of chocolate were an excellent addition. So, there’s your life hack tip for the week: Go ahead and buy the red velvet cake mix if you’re pressed for time, but throw in a bag of good milk chocolate chips for optimum flavor. And don’t forget the cream cheese frosting.
On a side note, I just realized this is my 601st post on this blog. How cool is that? Cupcakes for all!
Wishing all of you a delicious day...


I am linking to:
Homemaking at Hope in Every Season
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. These look delicious! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.