A little aubergine for autumn...



I don’t know that this technically qualifies as aubergine (it’s probably closer to purple), but I hope you’ll forgive the stretch ~ I couldn’t resist the alliteration.
People always think of orange and browns and yellows when it comes to autumn, but I am also drawn to the deep purples and maroons. Since I have a wonderful old collection of purple transferware, I thought I would use a couple of pieces as the centerpiece for an autumn display on the sideboard in the dining room. The bright floral and butterfly tray that was there was just too summery.
All in all, it’s a simple display, but pretty. And much more suited to the season.
Wishing all of you a lovely week...



I am linking to:
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Ah, your dining room is my favourite room in your house! That is a beautiful vignette and the sideboard is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple transfer ware is so rare and lovely. I think it's perfect for autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely! This is exquisite! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.