A simpler Christmas...

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful."
~Norman Vincent Peale


Merry Christmas!
As I wrote about earlier, I was inspired this year to keep my Christmas decorations simple ~ neutral colors, natural elements and just a splash of red did the trick. I usually decorate with a lot of red, lighted garland, snowmen and a Christmas village, but this year, I just felt the need for softer colors, and fewer decorations. I kept it very simple and worked with the colors in my home ~ creams and soft green did the trick. That meant leaving quite a few ornaments and most of my decorations in their boxes, but somehow that seemed fine this year, too. I guess we all need room to breathe sometimes, and interestingly enough, my home somehow feels cozier with just a few favorites scattered here and there. Hope you enjoy this little glimpse.
I will be taking a blogging break until after the new year, so I'll see you in 2011. Wishing everyone, no matter which holiday you celebrate, a joyful winter season full of beauty...








~ Joy and glad tidings to all ~
Bella

Comments

  1. Bella,
    Have a wonderful holiday and we will see you in the new year.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks beautiful decked out for Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and see you in the new year.
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right! It does look very cozy-and beautiful!
    I kept things low key and simple this year as well. Probably for the same reasons you did. I just didn't feel like filling the house up with "stuff".

    I'm so glad that I "met" you this year Bella. I am very grateful for your friendship and I honestly LOVE you and your blog. You've been an inspiration to me and many others I'm sure!

    Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best to you and yours in the New Year.

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your blogging break! and be sure to relax and have fun!

    thanks for coming by to see me!
    ciao bella!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks lovely. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a good rest. I'll be here when you return. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.