Easy Mexican Cheeseburger Pizza...



There I was in the kitchen yesterday morning trying to figure out what to have for dinner. I had some pizza dough on hand and we seemed to have an abundance of ground beef, so I thought I would make some type of cheeseburger pizza. As I started to cook I decided to bump up the heat a bit and give it a Mexican flare. It turned out really well and was so quick and easy, I thought I would share.

Mexican Cheeseburger Pizza
Serves 2-4

Pizza dough (enough to cover a 9x13 pan)
Ground beef
About 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
Garlic
Salt and pepper
8 ounces of tomato sauce, homemade or canned
Shredded cheese (I used a Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend but any Mexican-style shredded cheese will work.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease baking pan if needed. Brown your hamburger, adding salt and pepper and minced garlic to taste. Add crushed red pepper to hamburger as it cooks. Roll out your favorite pizza dough (I used fresh dough from Publix’s bakery/deli) on a floured surface so that it will fit shape of pan. Move dough to pan and create an edge all the way around by turning up dough and pinching. Pour tomato sauce over dough, then add cooked hamburger. Carefully mix sauce and hamburger together slightly on top of the dough, adding a little bit of cheese as you go. Once they are all mixed together, top generously with remaining cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes (crust should be brown around the edges and cooked through). Enjoy.


I am linking to:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Homemaking at Hope in Every Season
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home

Photos and recipe by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Your pizza would be a delicious game-day offering.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have enjoyed a big helping of this. Looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a home made quick tasty treat thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sure to be a hit with my family. This is perfect for game day. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pizza looks yummy, Eileen. My favourite pizza is homemade. Quick and easy. Thanks for sharing at my HOME.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love homemade pizza! This sounds fantastic! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.