Day 7 of Christmas beauty... Holiday drinks


One of my many favorite things about the holidays are the drinks - hot cocoa, spiced cider, etc. They are a wonderful treat for one or a warming delight for a group. And, these drinks lend themselves to a beautiful presentation - a pretty holiday cup and a peppermint stick turn a cup of hot chocolate into something special. And spiced ciders are a delight for your sense of smell and taste, while any red cocktail is instantly a festive treat for the eyes.
My grandmother mixes her own hot chocolate and sends me a new tub of mix each Christmas. I'm not exactly sure what her recipe is, but I know it contains good cocoa and marshmallows. One of these days I'll wrangle the details from her. (Mental note: Also need the recipe for her Cherry Jam.) If you're not lucky enough to have your own private supply of good hot chocolate mix, try this recipe from Country Living, found here.


I am also a lover of warm spiced cider. You can buy the packets in the store (if you must), but I love to have a pan of it simmering on the stove all day long for frequent refills. It's pretty easy to make and will leave your whole home smelling divine. For a variety of spiced cider recipes, click here. For Hot Cranberry Cider, click here.


If you'd like to try mixing your own tea for a holiday treat, try this Black Apple Tea recipe from Country Living, found here. It's fairly simple and sounds perfect for the holidays.
For those seeking something a little more bracing, these Pomegranate Margaritas look pretty festive.
Here's to a beautiful holiday season. Cheers!

Comments

  1. I enjoy hot chocolate mixed in with my coffee. yummo. I also look forward every year to having some egg nog. Have a blessed day!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hot cocoa! Add marshmallows and peppermint candy canes and I am in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know what you mean... I love coco,and spiced cider, tea, and all that yummy stuff.... when my daughter was little, I used to tell her that when she drinks a cup of hot coco, it would snow,, she was always drinking it... then when it did snow she was so excited,,, have a great week.

    Hug;s
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet memory, Alaura. I am actually drinking a cup of my grandma's cocoa as I write this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.