Simple fabric art...
I decided to switch the bedroom linens and drapes out a couple of weeks ago for the winter season and when I did that, I had to remove the art that hung on either side of the double window because it was bright teal and white flowers, which just did not go with a bedroom of taupe and beige neutrals. I really didn’t want to purchase new art so I decided to be creative with what I had on hand.
I took a couple of old frames a friend had given me and some black and cream toile fabric I had laying around and decided to make my own art. I used the remaining fabric to create a table runner for the dresser, so it all ties together nicely.
Here’s how I did it.
1. I cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside my frame.
2. I cut a piece of fabric and centered the cardboard the middle.
3. Pulling the fabric tightly around the cardboard, I secured it easily with duct tape. The fabric was very lightweight, so this was easy to do.
4. Once I finished wrapping the fabric, I popped the fabric-covered cardboard into the frame and secured it with more duct tape. Again, because this is all so lightweight, it was simple to do.
5. And here’s how it looks finished. I did a second the same way for a matching set.
I hung them on either side of this double window. They were easy to do and cost me absolutely nothing. Cute, don’t you think?
I am linking to:
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Homemaking at Hope in Every Season
Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully