The romance of autumn...



“Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.”
~ Amanda Cross

Autumn is an incredibly romantic season. I know everyone gets married in June, but there’s something about cooler weather and turning leaves that I think makes everything a bit more romantic ~ candlelight, a gorgeous wrap, a late afternoon stroll are all somehow better in autumn. So are train rides. Watching the gorgeous leaves change color as you meander by is a wonderful way to spend an autumn afternoon. I have always found old trains to be incredibly romantic, a symbol of glamour, graciousness and good taste from a time gone by. 
Sometimes it’s nice to just feast the eyes on images that conjure romance, isn’t it? For more, click here to visit my “I’ll take romance” board on Pinterest.
Wishing all of you a lovely weekend...




Follow me on Pinterest.

Comments

  1. Have you seen the

    La légende de Shalimar Guerlain (Full version) video.
    It is so romantic.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting her imaging how glorious it must have been to ride a train to see the changing of the leaves, maybe in Vermont, all dressed up for the occasion. Those were the days.

    Lovely post Ellen.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.