Decorating for fall...


Autumn is my favorite season and it always seems too short to me, but that’s probably because I live in the South. It has cooled down a lot in the last week or two ~ the nights are actually cold and the wind has that fall crispness to it during the day. All of which means it was time for me to get my house ready to welcome my favorite season.
In the dining room, I decorated the sideboard with flowers, seasonal dishes and a pumpkin or two...




This antique purple transfer ware dish is one of my favorites. I always put it out at this time of year, along with a newer owl plate from Pier One and a pitcher and platter from Pioneer Woman.



This blue mercury glass pumpkin that lights up was a TJ Maxx find. It is perfect on my dining room table...


I found these fabulous casserole dishes at Target. The handles absolutely sold me, along with the autumn color scheme. I found the little pumpkins there, too. They are perfect to add a little seasonal feel to the breakfast nook and they go amazingly well with my new table runner and curtains.



In the living room, I have most of my pumpkins on display ~ velvet ones, gold ones, glass ones. There are even some on the mantle garland (the first photo in this post).




And of course, I can never resist a velvet pumpkin pillow. It just goes wonderfully in my living room ~ another Pier One find.
How do you decorate for fall?

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments