Getting in the Christmas spirit...


I have had the best time this year getting into the Christmas spirit and actually doing all the things I enjoy during the season. One of the things I enjoy the most is decorating the house. We have trees, lights, snowmen, and all sorts of other little decorations. I always enjoy seeing other people’s decorations, so I thought I would share ours. 

Our great room has our main tree ~ a lovely giant one. Underneath is a train my Gram handmade many years ago. I get it out every year and enjoy seeing it under the tree. My family has always had trains displayed beneath the Christmas tree, and this year it was especially poignant when I put it out because it made me think of my Dad, a great train lover, who I lost suddenly a few months ago. I even bought a new train ornament in his honor to hang this year. 


I also have a couple smaller trees in the house, including this slim tree in the dining room. I love red and blue-green in this room, so the decorations reflect that. I even decided to go ahead and set the dining room table so I could enjoy seeing my pretty Christmas dishes before the big holiday dinners. I mean, they spend most of the year in the cupboard ~ I suddenly thought, why not get them out now and enjoy seeing them?


I decided to do the same thing at my breakfast table and got out my new plaid Christmas dishes (I’ve always been a dish lover). I topped the place settings with these adorable holiday Kate Spade dishes in different colors. They are just so cheery and happy.


And of course, there is my flamingo tree, which moved this year to the fireplace. I do love all the flamingo ornaments given to me over the years by one of my best friends.

Hope you enjoyed this little holiday glimpse. Wishing all of you a wonderful Christmas season!


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments