A new obsession...


I am extremely late to the Outlander party. Unlike many people, I had never read the novels written by Diana Gabaldon, although I had several friends talk about them and recommend them over the years. A good friend had given me the first novel in the series for my birthday and I had read bits and pieces of it ~ to be honest, every time I picked it up and randomly opened to a chapter (trying to decide if I really wanted to devote time to reading it) I found myself compulsively turning pages. And that also worried me, because I knew the series had a number of books and they were quite long ~ I seriously didn’t know if I wanted to get pulled in. Then a few weeks ago, the same friend insisted I sit down with her and watch the Outlander television show on Starz. A few episodes in and I was hooked ~ I binge-watched the entire first season, both parts. And that, as they say, was that. I had to read the books. I am reading Dragonfly in Amber now and yesterday I went out and bought Voyager and Drums of Autumn. I can’t seem to put these books down.
I also picked up this bookmark ~ it seemed appropriate for the series.


Have any of you read these books? Did you find yourself compulsively turning the pages, too?

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments