Addicted to Downton...


Like many people on this side of the pond, I am very much looking forward to the return of Downton Abbey after the first of the year (along with Sherlock, I might add, but that’s another post). I simply can’t wait to see what happens and to be pulled into that world again.
Of course, everyone associated with the program knows that so they are doing their best to capture some of the Downton spirit in merchandise. You can now buy Downtown Abbey wine from France, or if tea is more your thing, PBS now sells Downton Abbey tea. Silly though it may seem, I must admit I am tempted to try all of them.
And of course there is the latest book ~ the third about the show ~ that is now available. I have the first two and will probably have to pick up this latest one. I just realized that I never got around to buying the third season on DVD, so I must rectify that soon. After all, I can’t have a Downton marathon before the new series airs without the last one. This whole Downton addiction is getting to be expensive.



Comments

  1. I was a late comer to Downton Abbey. I didn't start watching them until after this last season ended. I watched them all through the summer and was so sad and shocked at the season ending! Can't wait for it to start up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize there were books out there and tea too. I had forgotten that it will start up in January. So nice since all my other favorite programs are taking a long break. Something to look forward to.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy Downton and as I'm in the UK lucky to get my fix straight away. In my younger days it was lovely to visit places like Chatsworth house and Shugborough hall. I once saw the queens cousin, Patrick Litchfield at Shugborough. Enjoy the 3rd series, no spoilers from me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.