The beauty in doing what you love...




“I think people who are creative are the luckiest people on earth. I know that there are no shortcuts, but you must keep your faith in something greater than you, and keep doing what you love. Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world.”
~ Judy Collins

Since we're musing on love this month, it seemed appropriate to touch on the beauty in doing what you love. I'm sure many of us at one time or another have found ourselves in jobs or roles that aren't exactly fulfilling, longing to do something different, perhaps something more creative. That happened to me several years ago, which is how I started blogging. And blogging led to more creative endeavors like photography so I could share pretty photographs (I love photographing flowers), and so on. Somewhere along the line I started designing my own fabrics and wallpaper and created The Pink Home. Even though The Pink Home is just a little hobby/sideline for me, I absolutely love it and love working on it. And who knows ~ maybe one day it will turn into something more.
I started this post a few days ago. And then, as if to offer proof of how true the quote above is, the universe this morning bestowed a neat little gift on me. I discovered that an online newsletter/magazine (from Switzerland!) called Custom Fabrics included a photo of some of my new fabric designs (shown above and below) in their latest edition. And they included a blurb about my Spoonflower shop (where my Pink Home fabrics and wallpapers can be purchased). Isn't that cool? I didn't do anything other than share my designs on social media, and they somehow came across my work and decided to include me in their newsletter, which is updated pretty frequently. (Click here to see more.)
It's funny how even the smallest things you do to get the work you love out into the world can go much further than you think. So I'm going to keep doing what I love and see how far out into the world my creativity will take me.



I am linking to:
Thursday Favorite Things at Katherines Corner

Photos by The Pink Home

Comments

  1. That's very exciting news, Eileen. You must be thrilled!Your designs are so attractive.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Your fabrics are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations!
    You are very creative and your fabrics are lovely. So happy for you!

    ((hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quote and one I certainly believe in. I was more creative as a young girl and somewhere along the way lost some of it...

    Congratulations - that is fabulous news and I wish you well. Have a lovely weekend. It’s nice to be able to get out and visit old friends again.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.