The beauty of September...


But the days grow short when you reach September
When the autumn weather turns the leaves to flame...
~ From September Song

September's arrival brings with it the promise of fresh starts, cooler days and the arrival of autumn. I always think of September as a month of newness, probably because school always started in September when I was a kid. There was something wonderfully liberating about a new school year with new books and new clothes ~ it was like a wonderful new beginning. That feeling of good change has always stuck with me, so I've indulged in a blog update to celebrate September's arrival. I hope you like it.
Here's to a beautiful September...

I am linking to Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper.

Photo by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. What a lovely entry. Hard to believe it's September already.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, I DO love your tribute to September.
    Do you know Christmas is right around the corner.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. September is my favorite month too. I love the crispness in the air and the smell of leaves beginning to dry and turn color. You have a beautiful blog, Eileen, and I'm eager to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today it's blustery, rainy, gray, and cool. A perfect indoor day... with smells from the kitchen and a few books I'm eager to poke my nose into at my elbow....

    a steaming cup o' tea will complete the picture today.

    Wishing you bliss moments and heart-happy thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo and I'm ready for September weather. It's a bit cooler today and we've had a little rain. Time to do some Fall planting in the containers.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing photograph that is, Eileen--and then Old Blue Eyes came on singing "As Time Goes By"-oh, how perfect is that?? Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving encouraging words--it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.