A new obsession...


I am extremely late to the Outlander party. Unlike many people, I had never read the novels written by Diana Gabaldon, although I had several friends talk about them and recommend them over the years. A good friend had given me the first novel in the series for my birthday and I had read bits and pieces of it ~ to be honest, every time I picked it up and randomly opened to a chapter (trying to decide if I really wanted to devote time to reading it) I found myself compulsively turning pages. And that also worried me, because I knew the series had a number of books and they were quite long ~ I seriously didn’t know if I wanted to get pulled in. Then a few weeks ago, the same friend insisted I sit down with her and watch the Outlander television show on Starz. A few episodes in and I was hooked ~ I binge-watched the entire first season, both parts. And that, as they say, was that. I had to read the books. I am reading Dragonfly in Amber now and yesterday I went out and bought Voyager and Drums of Autumn. I can’t seem to put these books down.
I also picked up this bookmark ~ it seemed appropriate for the series.


Have any of you read these books? Did you find yourself compulsively turning the pages, too?

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

Popular Posts