A seasonal switch...



March is here, which means spring is less than three weeks away. I can hardly wait for it to arrive. After six years of basking in the California sunshine, I forgot just how dreary and cold winter can be here in the Carolinas. But winter, for all its faults, has its own beauty.
Take these poinsettias for instance. I bought them to decorate for Christmas and nearly three months later, they're still lovely. Even so, I really wanted them out of the house because they seem a little too “wintery” to someone who's ready for spring. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, though ~ I mean, they're still so pretty ~ so I decided instead to move them to our sun porch on the front of the house. Since the porch is enclosed, they're somewhat protected from the elements and out there they don't seem quite so seasonal, if you know what I mean. It's funny how switching their location seems to have given them a whole different type of beauty. They really brighten the porch and give it a bit of a greenhouse feel.
Since March is going to be all about starting anew here, I guess this is a good way to kick off the month. Do you have anything you could switch up around your home that might give you a feeling of a fresh start?


I am linking to Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper.

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. I love your porch. I am really looking forward to this spring. I can't wait to get outside and starting planting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your porch.

    Hope Spring comes quickly for all of us!

    Have a good weekend.


    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely large porch. I switch a few things for the spring, like putting away the heavier and darker coloured throws.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring will be soon there, at your neck of the woods. You have a lovely porch, so warm and inviting. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you found a spot for them. I agree.. much too wintery for in the living area.

    I can't even think about what to do with my place right now. I just feel so far behind on my cleaning it's not even funny. Hopefully I'll be able to begin some Spring adjustments soon.

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at how healthy your poinsettias look. For me, the winter decor of snowflakes and snowmen are getting packed away and the spring things are going to be put out.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.