The joys and dangers of chair love...





Confession time: I can be prone to obsessions. Not the scary, stalking kind ~ more the “I can't believe I didn't buy that (fill in the blank) and now it's gone, but I can't get it out of my mind, so I have to find it” kind.
I fell in love with this suzani-patterned chair last summer. I wanted it for my living room but couldn't figure out if it would fit so I thought about it and thought about it and thought about it some more, and then when I finally decided to buy it, it was gone. I couldn't find it anywhere ~ not online, not in the stores, not anywhere. Not good. I asked a few different salespeople at Pier 1 Imports about it and they knew exactly which chair I was talking about, but they all told me they weren't sure it was coming back. And no, there weren't any in the area. Still not quite believing it had slipped through my fingers, I actually searched for the chair in other stores in the hopes the computer inventories were wrong, but my search turned up nothing.
I knew I had to let it go, but I still couldn't stop thinking about this beautiful chair. After having guests over and actually living in our re-done house for a couple of months, I thought another chair was needed in the living room. And for a myriad of reasons ~ color, size, style, my new front door color (which I'll explain in another post) ~ I just knew this chair would be perfect. I looked on eBay and other places in the hopes that I might stumble across it, but no. I realized I had crossed over into a chair obsession, but I couldn't help myself. I really wanted this chair.
Then, a few weeks ago, I was surfing online and there was the chair again. I couldn't believe it. As luck would have it, I got a coupon at the same time for 20 percent off any upholstered chair at Pier 1. I took it as a sign that I was truly meant to have this chair, so I went in and ordered it that day. It arrived about a week ago and it's perfect. I absolutely love it. And it looks fab in my pink living room.
I love a happy ending.


I am linking to:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Thursday Favorite Things at Katherines Corner
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. It was truly meant to be! It is a lovely chair and looks fabulous in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing. Fits perfectly into your room.
    I'm SO happy for you that you were able to get the one you REALLY wanted after all. :)
    You'll appreciate it all that much more.

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chair and the lamp is not too shabby either...well, actually it is "shabby" chic-ish and I love it. Your living room looks great. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair, beautiful, as is the whole room. So charming

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay...happy ending! :)

    I'm hosting my Homemaking Linkup Weekend and would love to have you join, if you haven't already!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL oh Connie I do the same thing ! You know what you want and THAT is only what will do. It does look really great in your room. (())

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a happy ending! I agree, the chair is perfect for your room. And I can certainly relate to your story. I've been know to obsess over finding something that has eluded me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new chair looks amazing and fits perfect in your lovely room. Must have been meant to be! Good things come to those who wait :) Lovely Post!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. great fabric, it look lovely. Sorry I'm late getting here...thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we've all had that happen to us over time - we pass up something and then can't forget it. So glad you were able to locate another one! It looks terrific there - LOVING your floor lamp.
    I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great chair! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.