Pink + Toile = Heaven

Photo credit: Warm Biscuit

Pink + Toile = Heaven. I think that's going to be the name of my autobiography. Or the home decorating book I write.
No one would ever accuse me of being religious, but I do believe that beauty is actually goodness and the Divine's light. Embracing beauty is really embracing yourself, your tastes – and putting them on display for the world to appreciate. It's also leaving the world just a little bit better than you found it – and in the process showing gratitude to the Universe.
In my case, embracing beauty is painting the world pink. Well, as pink as possible while still maintaining a modicum of good taste. :) Add a little toile and you've got perfection. Pink is such a happy color; it just speaks to my soul. And toile is beautiful and classic and comfortable and the many different patterns all tell different stories, which I love. I personally believe the world could use a little more happiness and class and comfort, so it's important to me to try and bring those things to my little corner of the world.
I realize that everyone has a different idea of what's beautiful when it comes to decorating. I'm curious: What would equal heaven for you? No matter what it is, embrace it, share it – and the Universe will thank you.

Photo credit: Family Bedding
I am in LOVE with this bed. I've always wanted a four-poster and I love the toile curtains and coverlet. Now all I have to do is convince my significant other that pink in the living room and the bedroom isn't too much to ask of him. :)

Photo credit: Country Living
Early readers of my blog will know I have a thing for dishes. I have always avoided the red/pink transferware, thinking there could possibly be such a thing as too much pink, but after seeing this table, I wonder how I could ever have thought that. Maybe I'll just start with a tea set...
I love ribbon boards and this is one of my favorite toile patterns.

My love seat, with a pink toile overlay, pink rose blanket and pink ruched pillow.

Photo credit: Pottery Barn Kids
I just love the pink toile headboard and bedskirt on this bed. Perfect for girls of all ages.

Comments

  1. I love toile of almost any color, but pink is the sweetest! That bedding is heavenly for sure.
    Have you visited the Pink Saturday links at the blog How Sweet the Sound?
    I am trying to join in every Sat. to celebrate pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so beautiful...I adore pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pink too! If I could I'd have PINK everywhere! I've always loved toile and the four-poster bed is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at all the gorgeous pink! you always find the best pictures :-) I love that pink toile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so pretty and calming and just gorgeous!!!

    If you get a chance, stop by my Blog and say hi. I just put up a post from the San Francisco Gift Show where my Pillows were featured.
    Have a great day,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on beauty... and I am with you, all the way, on the pink! A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Absolutely love your taste in music.....were we separated sisters at birth? A-M xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love toile and transferware together! I go for the reds and blues....but the pink is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, so lovely! And I'm proud to say my hubby actually knows what toile is--watching HGTV 24-7 is finally paying off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it too wrong for a guy to like that master bedroom? LoL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope. It just means you have great taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I'm a toile lover too...my moma got me a black and cream toile bed comforter that I'm about to redo my entire mastersuite with because I've been collecting fabric and pieces for it. (I'd really like to do brown & cream). I have to force myself to keep the pink minimal around all the boys here. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.