Happy Easter...



“I love tulips better than any other spring flower; they are the embodiment of alert cheerfulness and tidy grace...”
Elizabeth von Arnim, Elizabeth and Her German Garden

Happy Easter! We are enjoying some lovely tulips picked just for the occasion and are in the midst of preparing a wonderful dinner: ham with pineapple, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, asparagus and rolls. And of course we are stocked with Easter candy ~ chocolate lovers live here after all. My mom even brought me a large chocolate coconut creme filled Easter egg. I haven’t had one of those in years! Can’t wait to slice it up for a bit of dessert later.
I also decided to get out my grandma’s china to set a pretty table. I inherited it when she passed away a few years ago and it is one of my most prized possessions. The beautiful lavender flowers are so delicate and pretty ~ a lovely Haviland pattern. I paired it with a few of my other purple pieces ~ a very old transferware dish and some of my purple water glasses, as well as purple toile napkins. I think Gram would approve.
I better get back to preparing dinner. Wishing all of you a lovely holiday...


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments