The beauty of learning to sew...



Learning to sew has been one of those things on my to-do list for quite awhile now. It took me more than a year to get into a class, such is the waiting list where I live. But I finally did and I am loving it.
Our first project was to sew a pair of placemats and a pair of napkins. You can see mine here. While there are plenty of things wrong with them, they turned out pretty well for being the first things I have ever sewn, don’t you think? We have been working on other projects, too; I’ll show you those in another post.


Wishing all of you a lovely day...

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. They turned out great! I love the pattern of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects look great from here. Sewing is a beautiful thing. I grew up with a mom who wasn and still isn an expert seamstress. I learned a few basics from her, many years after leaving home and marrying, but I've never turned out more than a handful of projects. Maybe I'll find time and space to pick it up again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.