Pretty tea things on the sideboard...



Switching out displays or vignettes is one of my favorite pastimes. I can spend hours happily puttering about the house, playing with pretty things, looking for ways to switch things up a bit.
My dining room sideboard often gets this treatment. Many times I use the seasons for inspiration; sometimes it’s just whatever strikes my fancy. I have been drinking a lot of tea lately (more than usual, I mean), so I thought I would get out some of my favorite tea dishes and set them up on the sideboard.
Also, I wanted to display the beautiful antique tray I got for Christmas from a dear friend. You can see it there in the middle. If you look at the close-up photo, you can see all the lovely detail. (You can also see the area where the finish on my sideboard got messed up thanks to a bar I set up there during a party. But oh well ~ imperfection adds character.)


This plate and matching tea cup I bought years ago at Biltmore, along with the blue set next to it. The blue pattern is actually the same pattern the Vanderbilt’s used. The bright teal and pink set is one of my favorites because the colors are so bright and cheerful, and yet the dishes are very classic.


My favorite all-in-one set. I just love how this little set looks like spring. Below you can get another look at my antique tray.



And now I think I need another cup of tea. Wishing all of you a lovely day...

I am linking to:
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Blue Monday at Smiling Sally
You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Hi Eileen,

    You do have a beautiful display. I love the different blues. Thanks for playing today.

    Happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing your gorgeous china on your sideboard,
    smiling to myself as the only time I move the things on mine is to dust and that is not nearly often enough... I should take a leaf out of your book and change things around. Skipping off now to do just that!
    Have a great week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful display. I love to look at china, especially the unique and beautiful. Enjoying your blog
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.