Old-world romance at the Davenport Hotel...



I do love a bit of old-world romance and glamour. We had the privilege of staying in the Davenport Hotel in Spokane, Washington, last weekend when we went to see my brother get married. A grand hotel that once played hosts to European royalty and celebrities like Amelia Earhart, it fell into disrepair in the later part of the 20th century. With its 100th birthday approaching, it has been restored it its former glory.


When we weren’t busy enjoying the city itself, the hotel’s fabulous tea or brunch, one of its luxurious rooms or its lovely shops, we spent time wandering around this romantic old building ~ viewing the history gallery, marveling at the architecture, sneaking into a hushed ballroom or two.



Naturally, since there was romance and faded glamour around every corner, I couldn’t stop taking photographs. I thought you would seeing the beauty of this grand old lady, too.



Wishing all of you a lovely week, full of beauty...

I am linking to:
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. All these photos are gorgeous, but the one with the stairs... gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Did you feel like you were in a movie set? That's how I've felt before in places that were so pretty. Transported to another world almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, You stay there was really in style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I bet that hotel could tell a few amazing stories.....its so beautiful and elegant. HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, how gorgeous. I have never even heard of this wonderful hotel. Of course I have never been to Washington, either, so perhaps that is why, haha.

    Happy Pink Saturday. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.