Stop and smell the roses...


Happy July, everyone. June seems to have come and gone in a flash, doesn’t it? Summer is really settling in now and we’re starting to see hot and humid days. My yard and plants seem to be enjoying it, especially since we’ve been having plenty of rain, too. I don’t think I have ever seen my grass so green.
This month is all about the little things here ~ taking the time to notice and enjoy them, to stop and smell the roses as it were. The rose above is a lovely full bloom that seems to unfurl almost like an ocean wave. You can almost smell it, can’t you? At our last home, we were blessed with a lot of old, fragrant roses, so unlike many of the bushes you find now. We’re planning on planting a rose garden here some time in the next year ~ I can hardly wait to be able to enjoy roses in my own yard again.
If you’re fortunate enough to have rose bushes in your yard, take a moment to stop and appreciate their beauty and scent. Clip a few blooms and make a pretty arrangement for your home. Indulging in a little bit of beauty is a wonderful way to start the month, after all.
Wishing all of you a lovely July...

I am linking to Creative Weekends at The Pink Home.

Photo by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. There are two little rose bushes here at my new home. They have been neglected and need some loving attention. I am going to do some research on pruning and feeding them. Happy July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving my rosebush this year, so many new blooms. I clipped a long stem off just today and carried it inside for my viewing pleasure.

    Have a blessed week, Eileen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.