Spring's inspiration...




Spring finally arrived in the last couple of weeks at my home, as you can see. Our neighborhood went from dreary to blossoming in a matter of days and our azaleas weren’t far behind. The blooms have been really lovely this year, which I was happy to see.
I’m so glad spring finally arrived because I have been desperately longing for some warmer weather. This month’s blog topic is Letting Spring Blossom, and it’s something I’ve been thinking a lot about, even if it hasn’t translated to written posts. It has not been the greatest month for me and so I have been trying to see what I could do differently to make things go a bit better. I realized spring doesn’t have to be something that just happens in nature ~ it can be a time for people to bloom again, too. The last week or so, I’ve tried to follow spring’s example and see which dormant areas in my life need attention to bloom again and which need to be let go of completely. Like in nature, some things in life are meant to bloom for only a season, while others, with a little TLC, come back stronger and lovelier each spring. Occasionally, we all need a little time to sort out which is which.
So stop and enjoy the beauty blossoming around you this spring, and if you need to clear your head a bit like me, perhaps spring can be your inspiration, too.




Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Your neighborhood is gorgeous! I can tell that it's an older neighborhood, and I just have to say that I am so envious. I love old neighborhoods! They have a charm that is not seen in the modern-day subdivisions. I have been living in subs for the last 30 years, and I long to one day live in an old neighborhood.

    I can relate to how you are feeling in your life. I feel much the same way...have been for a very long time. I came to the realization last week that I haven't been happy---truly happy---for about a decade. Oh, I've had good times, but there is a big difference between having fun and being happy. If I don't want to waste another decade of my life, I bet get things figured out!

    My best to you as you try to figure things out in your own life.

    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely azaleas. Ours were so pretty when we lived in Mississippi. We've tried them here in the mountains, but the deer think they are appetizers and eat their leaves. Not a good thing.

    Your neighborhood is so pretty, We just bought a house in an older, established neighborhood with lots of trees and shrubbery for that very reason.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.