The beauty of creating again...


As some of you know, I am the creator of The Pink Home and design fabric and wallpaper under that name. But lately (OK, a number of months), I have felt uninspired and completely lacking in any ideas.
But a few weeks ago, I was suddenly blessed with ideas. Since then I have been on a creative tear, enjoying every second of creating these new patterns. I’m not quite sure what has sparked this burst of creativity, but I am enjoying it while it lasts. Long live my muse.
For a number of these patterns, I have taken inspiration from my own photographs. I particularly enjoyed creating Scottish Isle ~ it is from a photograph I took of thistle on the Isle of Skye last year. When I look at it, I am standing there again, enjoying the wild beauty of the isle. Though not intentional, Lilac Stars, shown below, happens to pair beautifully with this pattern.



Most of these patterns are now available for purchase from Spoonflower (fabric by the yard, wallpaper and gift wrap) and from Roostery (bedding, pillows, table linens). You can see Scottish Isle in pillow form, above, and Purple Mosaic in bedding below. 


This pattern is called Love Birds ~ inspired by the recent Royal Wedding, of course.


A few more new patterns...

I created Hawaiian Mosaic, shown below in table linens, from a favorite photo I took in Hawaii. It’s so bright and cheerful ~ it makes me happy just looking at it. Below that is Bright Abstract Peony, created from (you guessed it) a photograph I took of peonies at my parents’ house.




Above is Geometric Rose in a kitchen towel and below is Chevron Stripes in sheets. I created Chevron Stripes from a desire to do something different with the classic chevron pattern. It’s bright and cheerful, but not your typical chevron.
So, what do you think?


All patterns designed by The Pink Home

Comments