Confessions of a book lover...



As you know, I love books. The thrill of reading one for the first time, the enjoyment of pouring over one again and again, the fun of decorating with bunches of them. I have books all over my home ~ they are part of the decor (and the occasional mess). Just seeing them gives me joy and makes me smile ~ I can’t imagine life without them.
I am the sort of book lover who never has too many waiting for her to read, and I am often reading a number at the same time. Currently, I am in the middle of a book about The Daily Show, a biography of Winston Churchill, book 4 in the Outlander series and a cookbook. I have a few novels waiting for me, along with a biography of Sinatra and a new decorating book. They are all in various stacks on my living room coffee table and my nightstand.
I was looking at this particular set of books the other day because I was trying to find something I had read, and I was struck again by how pretty they look stacked on this table. It made me think about going through all the books I have around the house and resorting and rearranging them ~ doesn’t that sound like a fab way to spend an afternoon?

Photo by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments