A spring home tour...


One of the great things about the change in seasons is the opportunity/ excuse it affords to change things up in your house. When we move from cool to warm temperatures, it makes sense to lighten up, put away heavy blankets, clear some things out and do a little rearranging. I like to try and step back and evaluate a) what's bugging me in the house or simply isn't working, b) what I am tired of looking at for whatever reason, and c) what I have put away that I could use to switch things up. I firmly believe that changing things up in our environment invigorates us and makes us feel better ~ if you don't already practice this seasonal clear-out, try it and you'll see what I mean.
I knew I wanted to put my pretty pink slipcover on my couch, so that meant the rug in the living room had to be moved or put away, because it simply wouldn't work. I was going to put it in storage and then I had an idea to try it in the dining room. The dining room is a little on the narrow side, so I decided to lay the rug the opposite way, which accomplished two things. First, it made the room seem wider, and second, it took care of the expanse of wood floor behind the table that needed a little something. (Even Russ seems to approve of the new placement, as you can see.) I freshened up the linens and table centerpiece, but left my pretty tea cups and tea pot out on display on the chest under the double window ~ I never tire of looking at dishes.



The living room...



The living room sofa got its Shabby Chic pink rose slipcover back, and a few pink accent pillows. I also took out the ottoman swamping the room and put down two smaller rugs. One is a runner in front of the fabulous old chest that holds the TV (not shown ~ it's a hideous huge, widescreen that my sweetie adores) and the other is in front of the sofa. You can sort of see them in the photo directly above, which was taken from the front room, or reading porch. My little tea cup lamp now resides near one of the built-in bookcases on either side of the fireplace.


The reading porch...


I love to keep flowers on this table to greet people as they come in the front door. You'll usually find whatever is in season at the moment in bloom there ~ right now, it happens to be tulips. The comfy papasan chair, now decked out in spring colors, is a favorite spot to cuddle up with a book, which is why I always think of this room as the reading porch, even though I refer to it as the front room so as not to confuse people.


I hope you enjoyed this little mini-tour of spring changes. If you'd also like a quick peak into my kitchen, click here.

I am linking to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound. Stop by Beverly's place to join in or see more lovely pinks.

I am also linking to Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper. Stop by for more seasonal beauty.

Photos by The Pink Home

Comments

  1. Your home is lovely and so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful!
    I'm totally in love with that slipcover-totally. I can only seem to find slipcovers in boring beige and browns!
    I don't even know what to say because I just love everything. The covers on the dining room chairs, your tea dishes, the I want it all pillow, actually all of the throw pillows...and the reading porch is to die for! Awesome!
    Well done!!

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks so neat and springy ..love your post and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a slip cover lover. Nothing say's comfy cozy more than that to me.

    Visiting over from Pink Saturday.

    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful home. . Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling cottage and colors are so fun!

    Love the tulip touch.

    Have a great weekend and wonderful Pink Saturday.

    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Pink Saturday and enjoyed stopping by. You have me thinking about what changes I can make. I really like the flowers by the door. How truly welcoming! Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so fresh and pretty! Love,love,love your pretty slipcover!
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful home, thank you for the tour. It feels light and airy with the changes. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is warm, cozy and so welcoming. I feel right at home!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
    What a beautiful share today. I SO adore this glimpse of your gorgeous Spring makeover. Just fresh and happy.

    I love the change of the rug, and adding it beneath the table. It really works there. Your Spring slip cover over the sofa is delightful, and your dining room chair covers really pop with that rug beneath them as well.

    The tulips really stole my heart. What beauty they possess and I love the smell of such sweet scents.

    Your reading porch is such a delightful room. I could curl up in that papasan chair and read many books. I love the way the light filters in through the windows there.

    A gorgeous share sweetie. Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Gorgeous home.
    Happy weeeknd.

    " Regina "

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! We still have chilly temperatures here & do hope they are ending soon. Happy PS!
    Licks & Wags, Niki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your lovely home with us, Eileen. It is so light and airy. You have a wonderful style, and Russ is adorable! Happy Pink Saturday! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your little reading porch and the slipcover. Plus, I'm weak for dishes- new or vintage as long as they are pretty- so I'd love to have tea with you. Thanks for sharing your home with us. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your home is beautiful...very cosy and inviting. The slipcover on your couch is very pretty.
    Thankyou for sharing,
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello
    What a beautiful home, thank you for sharing those photographs.
    Wishes for a Happy Pink Saturday
    Lynne @ Adorn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, just lovely photos of your home. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your home is lovely. I like the idea of changing decor for the seasons and not just for holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cozy and beautiful home! Congrats!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm new to your blog - here via Pink Saturday - and am so enjoying it. I like how you've changed your rooms to incorporate the seasons. I host a weekly meme called Seasonal Sundays and would love to have you link your post. Hope you'll join me.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog.... it feels cozy. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your home looks lovely...I love your changes for the season, it looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing this wonderful and cozy post of your home. I'm your newest follower, hope you come visit me!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks so summery now. I like your slip cover. I'd love to have some for my dark brown leather furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your home is lovely. I personally love, love,love your pine table with the slipcovered chairs in white. When we moved my pine dinning room furniture did not fit in our little cottage, so everytime I see pine with white, I just drool. Enjoy your lovely home. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have a beautiful home! I understand about the "hideous" tv issue! My husband recently bought a tv for ours...but compromised by buying me a beautiful armoire to hide it in when we're not watching it! :)

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.