I have been fortunate enough to be honored with several awards recently. Maria-Therese at afiori has given me the Beautiful Blogger Award. If you have never visited her blog, please do. It is beautiful and her work is lovely. As part of the award, I am now supposed to tell you seven things you didn't know about me and pass the award on to seven other blogs.
1. I love British TV shows - comedies, mysteries, the Jane Austen dramas - you name it.
2. I think the South Carolina Lowcountry is possibly the most beautiful, peaceful place on Earth and I would love to have a home there one day. I would also love to live in an English village and regularly shop in Paris. Hey, we all have our fantasies. :)
3. I could watch The Golden Girls pretty much every day. I own all seven seasons on DVD.
4. I was named editor of a newspaper at 26 - a bi-weekly paper in a small town in the Carolinas. In addition to being its youngest editor, I am also the only woman ever to have held the post in the paper's 140-year history.
5. Early in my career, I wrote a headline that appeared on Jay Leno's Headlines segment. Don't ask. :)
6. I turned an extra room in my current house (probably most suitable for an office or nursery) into a huge walk-in closet - and I still have overflow.
7. If I could have dinner with any two people, living or dead, I'd ask Winston Churchill and Stevie Nicks. And I'd want Ernest Hemingway, Edna St. Vincent Millay and Gabrielle Chanel to join us for dessert. Now that would be a party.
I would like to pass this award on to seven of my favorite blogs. (Just right-click or drag it to your desktop.)
Such a Wondrous Place This Faerytale Space - Each visit is an amazing journey.
Tea With the Vintage Baroness - Style in spades.
Rose Tea Cottage - Long may the Duchess reign.
The Comforts of Home - Always full of beautiful ideas and creations. And her home is lovely.
Just a Happy Housewife - Cute, fun, pink. What else could you want?
My French Country Home - A lovely, lovely place to visit.
How Sweet the Sound - The founder of Pink Saturday.
I have also been blessed to receive the Stiletto Award 4 excellence in blogging from Kathie @ Just a Happy Housewife, along with the Blogger Buddy Award below. I'd like to pass this award on to a few of my favorite bloggers. (Again, just right-click or drag it to your desktop.)
Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen
Karyn @ French Charming
Manuela @ The Pleasures of Homemaking
And last, but not least, I would like to pass the Blogger Buddy Award on to ALL of my followers. Please enjoy it in good fun. :)
I would also like to say a special thank you to Sam for passing on the Honest Scrap Award. I'm keeping that one to give away later.
Beauty and blessings to all ~