Tuesday brightener... Creative decorating ideas

Credit for all photos: www.marthastewart.com

I went in search of inspiration this past week and came across a few decorating ideas I wanted to share, compliments of Martha Stewart. Finding new ideas to make things more beautiful always brightens my day. I've seen variations on the idea shown above, but not this exact translation: Hang a pretty curtain rod and use a blanket or quilt for a headboard - such a simple and inexpensive yet creative way to help pull the look of your bedroom together. And, you can easily change it according to the seasons or your mood - a big plus.
I always love it when I come across new uses for the orphan tea cups and saucers I collect (that's what I call the solitary tea cups left after all the other pieces in their collection have either been lost or broken). Again, an idea so simple, I can't believe I hadn't thought of it myself: Use the tea cups and saucers in a drawer to organize my jewelry collection. How wonderful to open a drawer and see all your fabulous jewelry perfectly organized in beautiful tea cups and saucers. I love it.


The idea below is pretty ingenious, especially for people living in a small space - or even in spaces that are wide open so you have to see everything all the time. If you don't want to look at your blank computer monitor (or in my case, the huge flat screen TV that my sweetie can't live without but doesn't do much for the decor), you can always make it more pleasing to the eye with a little cover, created from a fabric of your choosing. I love how the monitor below manages to blend in instead of looking like a black hole. Think of it as a pretty duvet cover for your electronic eyesores.


Hope you enjoyed these little ideas. Happy Tuesday, all!

Comments

  1. Bella,
    Such great ideas! Thank you for sharing. Leave it to Martha:-) My sister makes beautiful quilts so I can't wait to tell her about that idea. Would you mind if someday I mention the teacup idea, with a note about your blog when I do? I love teacups and like you, cannot believe I didn't think of this:-)
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet, I love the tea cup idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the headboard idea.

    Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Martha does have some wonderful ideas, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these ideas because they are 'thinking outside the square' so to speak. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool ideas!!! I have been thinking headboards and never knew about this cool option!

    glad to find your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I have an award for you!

    http://www.mynetfinds.blogspot.com/2009/10/honestly.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the tea cup idea to hold jewelry! And the headboard idea... I am almost wishing I didn't have a regular wooden one!
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.