This and that...


I realize I have been mostly gone for the last few weeks, but I have been particularly busy with work and other things (but mostly work, it seems ~ sigh). I have found time to create some new patterns for The Pink Home ~ some really fun, cute and bright things ~ and spend some time working in the yard.
And, I spent the Saturday before last with a good friend of mine checking out an art exhibit, enjoying a little shopping and, of course, indulging in some good food. Behold, the best chicken and waffles I have ever had, from Downtown Deli & Donuts in Spartanburg, S.C. And such a gorgeous presentation, too! The chicken had a bit of spice, the waffles were perfectly golden and fluffy, the syrup warm and the bacon crisp, but not too crisp. It was absolutely delicious.
I have also been busy preparing for a vacation to Scotland with my husband. It will be our first time visiting the UK and I am beyond excited. We will be traveling through London to Inverness in the Highlands, and we’ll also spending a few days in Edinburgh. I get to celebrate my birthday on the Isle of Skye! I’m so excited I can barely stand it. In fact, I had better get back to packing.
Wishing all of you a lovely end to the summer...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.