Sewing project: A pretty pillow sham...


This past autumn I had the opportunity to do something I have always wanted: learn to sew. I have shared a few of my projects and wanted to share this one because it turned out beautifully (well, except for the mistake on the back, but that’s hidden). This is a pillow sham I made, with braided trim around the edges. It was one of the harder projects to do because of the trim, though of course after it was done, I thought, oh, that wasn’t so bad.
I particularly liked the fabric I chose for this ~ it’s quite striking. Just looking at it makes me smile. Creating beautiful, simple things that make you happy is a wonderful way to add beauty to the everyday.
What do you think?


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.