The beauty of rustic pottery...




Our town has a pottery center that sells pottery created by local artists. I finally had time to stop in one day recently, just to have a look around, and came out with several wonderful pieces. While I am quite girly and feminine in most of my tastes, I like my pottery a bit rustic. 
The man who created these pieces happened to be working in the shop that day, so I had a chance to meet him and talk for a bit about his work, which I absolutely loved. I wound up coming home with a couple of mugs ~ perfect for some hot apple cider or a cup of hot tea this autumn ~ a little tea bag holder and a sugar bowl. I also fell in love with this little round casserole dish, which has turned out to be perfect for making macaroni and cheese for two.




I can’t wait for cooler weather so I can sit on the porch with a friend and enjoy something hot out of these beautiful mugs. 
Wishing all of you a lovely day...

I am linking to Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life.

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. What wonderful pottery! I love that casserole dish. I can just picture some Mac and Cheese in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely pottery. We have a lot of potters here in the mountains who are also quite talented. You've chosen some very pretty colors.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.