Inspired by Mother Nature...



I keep finding myself drawn to brighter colors in my design work. Pastels used to be all I wanted to see, but the last couple of years in particular I have noticed I really love brighter colors. (Although, as you may notice, my brighter colors still seem to have a bit of a pastel base, just in a brighter tint.) As I set out to create a few lovely solid color fabrics for The Pink Home, I just mixed until I had colors that I absolutely loved.
It wasn’t until I had already tested the colors and printed swatches that I discovered my creations were clearly inspired by Mother Nature herself, though it wasn’t a conscious decision. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised ~ her work is full of gorgeous colors that are beyond anything we could dream up alone.
I realized my new Bright Peach fabric and gift wrap bore an uncanny resemblance to those lovely peach carnations on my coffee table. And my Bright Pink seemed nearly a perfect match for these lovely pink flowers.
  




Then there is my Sea Green color creation, which was inspired by a number of things, including my recent trip to Hawaii, and the colors I painted the cabinets in my mudroom and the fireplace mantle on the porch. Plus, that bluish-green shade just seems to be one of my favorite colors of late.
I also think these three new colors look lovely together ~ a nice bright bunch. What do you think?


I am linking to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.

Photos and designs by The Pink Home

Comments

  1. Your bright colors go together so well. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beuatiful! I tend to like brighter shades of pastels too, especially when it comes to clothing. I get washed-out when colors are too pale.

    A trip to Hawaii sounds divine. I've never been there, but it is definitely on my bucket list!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cheerful colors :) Happy Pink Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.