An accessories refresh...





Sometimes it takes awhile to find just the right accents. Such is the case with this bedroom.
This room went through a few different looks (you can see them all on my Big Redecorating Project page) before I finally decided to just stick with the gray and white. I wanted a sort of teal blue as the accent color but it took me forever to find just the right accessories to pull it all together.
You can see how the room looked halfway done here. There was nothing particularly wrong with it, but it still wasn’t quite right. The art, for one, wasn’t right. Nor was the bedside lamp or the rug.
The refresh started with the art. I found those lovely floral prints at Pier One for a song. And then after months of trying out different things above the bed, I finally realized I needed something that felt “open,” so as not to weigh down the headboard visually. I found the perfect thing on clearance at Target. During the same shopping trip, I also found this fab lamp that just sort of works with everything.


But the real find was this rug. After months of searching, I finally found a rug in the exact color I wanted. Once I had it, the entire room just came together. Now it feels fresh and rather perfect for spring and summer.
You’ll have to forgive the photos ~ I find this room extremely difficult to photograph. It looks prettier in person, but I think you get the idea. What do you think of the new look?



I am linking to:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Homemaking at Hope in Every Season
Anything Blue Friday at The Dedicated House
Blue Monday at Smiling Sally
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Love the pretty pillows - the pattern on the lampshade and the beautiful area rug! Beautiful decor! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.