Winter doldrums...


Oh, if only that were true these days. The last few weeks I have been so busy with a wonderful new job that it seems I can’t find any time to be inspired. I have flashes of inspiration about various projects ~ fabric designs, redecorating the bedroom, new blog topics, adding a new touch of pink to the living room ~ and then they seem to fizzle out of sheer tiredness. I have been absent from the blogging world for much of the month and I must say I miss it. I am hoping to get my new schedule completely situated and some creative time carved out here soon. All work and no play makes Eileen a dull gal.
I also want to get used to all this newness as soon as possible because I have one class left to finish for my interior design certification. That class starts at the beginning of March and by then I should be fully adjusted and firing on all cylinders again. Isn’t it funny how much changing jobs can exhaust you? Not to mention this terribly cold weather ~ it just saps the energy right out of me. If I’m not at work, it seems curling up under a blanket with a book or the latest Downton Abbey or Sherlock episode is all I can muster. I suppose it’s a sort of hibernation in a way, fighting off the winter doldrums.
I hope all of you are enjoying a lovely start to the year. I’ll be around for visits soon.
Wishing everyone a beautiful week...

Graphic by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments