The beauty of giving thanks...


I walk through this doorway in my home nearly every day but most days I must be distracted or busy or who knows what because it was only recently that I looked up and happened to notice just how lovely the view is through that French door. How could I have missed that? (Especially considering I write a blog about enjoying the beauty around you.) For a moment it was like I was a little girl peeking into someone else’s beautiful home, only to realize it was mine. And that gave me pause to think about how fortunate and blessed I have been in life.
So today, on Thanksgiving, it seems only right that I offer up a thank you to the universe for some of the things I am grateful for in life. In no particular order... I am thankful for my fabulous friends and family, our beautiful old home, the color pink, Frank Sinatra’s voice, our adorable little Emily, hot water that runs from taps on demand, the sausage, apple and cranberry dressing in the oven, the miniature apple pies I made earlier this week (what a discovery!), the stack of books waiting on my coffee table to be read, decorating magazines, my interior design classes, Agatha Christie mysteries, the fabulous Phryne Fisher and Doc Martin, the yellow orchid in bloom on my desk, the poinsettia from last year that is still alive and thriving on my porch, the porch ceiling finally being fixed, glittery pillows on my sofa thanks to one of my dearest friends, Pink Flamingo (the color, the Christmas ornaments ~ from another dear friend ~ and the one in my yard), my latest wallpaper designs turning out so beautifully, a four-day weekend, the classic WKRP turkey drop episode, letters from my grandma (I just got one this week), a fabulous outfit to wear to dinner today, the word fabulous, the people who continue to read my blogs and like and buy my fabrics and wallpaper, and getting to decorate for Christmas this weekend.
What are you thankful for this year?

Photo by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Wishing you and your family a happy & blessed Thanksgiving. Lovely post.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, that is a lovely view through the French door. You have such a beautiful home!

    You are lucky that your husband lets you indulge in your love of pink so much. It's my favorite colour too but I don't think my husband would appreciate living in a pink home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.