Favorite apple recipes for fall...



Apples are one of my favorite things about autumn. I enjoy them all year long but there is just something about fall that puts me in the mood to do a lot of cooking and baking with apples. Nearly every week at this time of year we go through 3 to 5 pounds of them. In addition to all of the wonderful things you can make with them, is there a more perfect snack? Yum. I am currently on a Honeycrisp kick, but I love just about every type of apple there is aside from Red Delicious.
Since it’s all about the kitchen this month, I thought I would re-share some of my favorite apple recipes. There is Homemade Apple Sauce, as instructed by my fabulous grandmother; a wonderful and simple Apple Pie recipe and, of course, my mom’s Raw Apple Cake, which is one of my favorite things of all time to make and eat. Click on the name of each to take you to that recipe. You can find all of these on my In the Kitchen page, too, along with other goodies, if you just want to browse.
Wishing all of you a little kitchen inspiration...


I am linking to:
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound

Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Honey crisp are my favorite! Everything looks yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely your apples look! They do make such a wholesome picture. My favourite apple is Cortland. All your recipes look and sound delicious. Thanks for sharing this at my HOME and have a wonderful weekend, Eileen.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a good apple anytime. I love the pink lady ones. Wish I had a big slice of pie made with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I have been so busy making Christmas Stockings and painting ornaments, I am afraid cooking has just been soup and sandwiches lately....I will have to try this, I know hubby would love it!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these recipes - I love anything with apple! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.