Happy Birthday, America ~ and Russ...


Our country isn't the only one celebrating a birthday tomorrow. My sweet, wonderful Russell turns 15 on July 4. Yes ~ 15. He's been my constant companion since I rescued him when he was 9 months old and he is the reason I love dogs so much. He's an old soul, mellow and fun (as you can see in the photo below) and just generally a wonderful creature. Age is catching up with him, though, and I don't know how much longer he'll be around. But he's still thrilled to greet me and he just ran a few minutes ago and flopped on the hall rug to roll all over it like he's done for years, so he's still enjoying life most days. We'll be celebrating the Fourth with hot dogs ~ Russ's favorite.
Wishing all of you a lovely and safe holiday!


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. Russel is adorable and I would love a dog just like him! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh He is so cute, just love the photos, Hugs and Happy 4th! Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so darn cute!!!! :-) I hope he has a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! He looks happy in his old age.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! He is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday to Russ, what a lovely boy he is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.