Blooming in the cold...


It's amazing what blooms sometimes when it's cold, isn't it? Some flowers only bloom when the temperature drops, of course, but there's still something exciting about seeing a gorgeous new bloom when the rest of the world seems to be freezing.
This beautiful plant is climbing all over a trellis in our back yard, blooming its little heart out. Can anyone tell me what it is? It's clearly been here awhile, long before we moved in this past summer, but I can't say I've ever seen a plant quite like it. Whatever it may be, it's glorious.
I hope all of you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season. Here's to a fabulous 2012, full of beauty, celebrations and love...


Photos by The Art of Living Beautifully

Comments

  1. It looks like Fuschia to me...check out this link....
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fuschia&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=QSIBT5zWEonu0gGln7m9Ag&sqi=2&ved=0CEgQsAQ&biw=1352&bih=871

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what it looks like! It's a Fuchsia Plant. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you've found the name. I'm making a note because it's lovely and it would be a great addition to my garden. Fabulous shot against the reddish door.

    Happy new year Eileen.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty!
    Our world is white, white, white here. I miss the blooms with all the colours.
    We're having a bit of a storm here today so I'm guessing it will have to wait. :P

    Happy New Year to you too.

    ((Hugs))
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so pretty! i got lettuce and radishes from my garden today..in jan in central pa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.