Change of plans... and a new look

Dearest readers ~

To quote Mark Twain, "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." Or, I should say, reports of the demise of this blog have been greatly exaggerated. Well, more like flat-out wrong.
Please understand there is no conspiracy afoot, no blogging rumors gone awry. It's simply that I reported several times, wrongly as it turns out, that I was planning to take down this blog and take up permanent residence at The Pink Home. While I have taken up residence at The Pink Home, and the two blogs do share some common ground, the truth is I can't bear to take this blog down. I tried. Really. And failed. It felt like I was putting one of my dogs down. I kept coming across things I wanted to share that didn't exactly fit the scope of The Pink Home blog and then I kept thinking about all of you, who have given me so much affection and encouragement. And then I started to wonder exactly why I felt I had to take this blog down anyway ~ it's not like I couldn't have two. And then yesterday, I got the urge to shine the place up, add a little new sparkle to it. After all, I didn't need two pink blogs. And I have been rather neglectful here of late, though I prefer to think of it as a needed break. The more I worked on freshening up The Art of Living Beautifully, the happier it made me and I realized I was definitely going to hang around.
So, here I am. Still. And yes, still at The Pink Home, though that blog will chronicle more of my efforts to open a shop under the same name and feature my photography more prominently. Pink abounds there, and will likely show up here, too. For those that would like to follow both blogs, I would absolutely love to have you. (I don't blog daily on either, so you won't be bombarded with posts. And thank you to those who already follow both.) For those who follow one or the other and hop back and forth to see what I'm up to, bless you. And while there will be the occasional overlap, I've discovered that each blog really has its own personality, so it's best to honor those.
For Furry First Friday fans, I will be restarting that next month. May 6 is the first Friday, so mark your calendars and get your posts ready.
Oh, and there's one more thing: I finally decided to put my real name, which is Eileen, on my blogs. Bella is a pen name I took when I started blogging a couple of years ago because it means beauty and it seemed to suit. But with The Pink Home venture, it seemed like keeping a pen name would just confuse things, particularly with the planned shop. So it's just Eileen from now on.
Break's over. Hope you enjoy the new look.

Cheers,
Eileen

Comments

  1. Yesterday, when I left a comment on this blog, I wondered about that very thing. Your post came through on my dashboard, and I thought, "Wasn't Bella getting rid of that blog?" But because I've been a bit absent from the blog world recently, I figured you had just changed your mind...and I'm glad you did, for I think this is a lovely blog!!

    I have 2 blogs too, Fill My Cup with Beauty and my classic movie blog, They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To. I wanted to do more movie reviews than I thought would fit with Fill My Cup, so I started another blog as well. There were times I thought I would disengage completely from Fill My Cup, so I actually took it off of my profile page, though I have a link for it on my movie blog...and followers still get me on their feed.

    All that to say, I know exactly where you are coming from. It's hard to let go of a blog you've come to love, especially when there's no need to let go. Having two blogs is just fine!!

    So, welcome back to the land of the living. I'm very glad you're still here. And I'm glad The Pink Home is here too.

    Have a great day.

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... it's 3 in the morning where I live, but I woke up with a sense of purpose in my heart.

    I popped on the computer to see if my sis was up... as I have insights or keys to move us into more destiny living, instead of maintenance.

    And I see your posting. And for some reason, your comments fit my own heart whisperings.

    I can totally relate to trying to take down a blog is similar to putting a beloved pet to sleep.

    I took time away from my own blog earlier this year.... and had serious thoughts that blogging was a thing of the past, because it seemed to be so dry.

    But no, it was just a regrouping and a refocusing time.

    Looks like that's been it for you too.

    I still love your pen name... because Bella, meaning beauty, speaks to my own heart about living a beautiful life. But it's lovely to receive your real name, Eileen.

    We shall continue to enjoy you - at both your homes! With both your names!

    Hugs and blessings................

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you will have both and I will follow both. I should probably have 2 as well but for now will stay with one. I find I have followers for cooking and dishes and another following for quilting.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you've decided to keep The Art of Living Beautifully. It sounds so sophisticated and something we all aspire to - to live beautifully.

    And it's very nice to meet you Eileen, although you'll probably always be Bella to me first. Best of luck with The Pink House.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yay! Very exciting news and very happy to hear it :-) I completely understand about changing one's mind! How many times have I changed my blog now? I'm on #3, but I think this is it finally. I'm more than happy to follow both blogs and I'm happy to follow Eileen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Eileen,
    I love your new look here. Glad you are keeping both blogs. I have a business and home blog too...I think it is a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your new look is very nice. I am sure most of us will find you if you stick around on any blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the new look here, and i majorly look forward to following you over at the pink home :)
    i also love that you are keeping both blogs. i think i'm going to start a new one that has a more personal focus. i like my blog that is just pretty images of fashion and art and interior design, but i think it would be weird to add in musings and book reviews. keep us updated on how the two blog thing goes - i would love your advice!
    xx,
    kait

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.