Pretty outdoor pillows...


Pillows are a great love of mine. My bed overflows, there's no room left on the couch, every chair has a mate, and if I could figure out a way to put a pillow in my bathroom, I would do it. Much like books and dishes, having pretty pillows scattered everywhere makes me happy.
Outdoor pillows have become very popular the last several years - and I admit, I have jumped on the bandwagon. Because of the special fabric they require, outdoor pillows can also come with a bit of a price tag, which isn't such a great thing. I came across these simple ideas for making my own outdoor pillows on Martha Stewart's website. The first suggestion was to use those inexpensive vinyl tablecloths to make new coverings - some examples are in the top photo. Ingenious, I thought. The second was to use old fabric napkins to make the covers - the idea being, it's something you have on hand and aren't using, for whatever reason, and they are relatively inexpensive so it wouldn't be a big deal if they were damaged. Their size also makes sewing a snap. You can see some examples of those in the bottom photo. Whether you buy or make them, outdoor pillows add a welcoming touch to an outdoor space ~ perfect for this time of year.

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer. Be sure to stop by for your fill of outdoor beauty this week or to join in.

All photos from Martha Stewart Living

Comments

  1. Love the pillows, great ideas! I have to tell you I really like your blog background too, very pretty. . .Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pillows are darling! GREAT ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you, honey! I have a plethora of pillows in this house and can definitely see more in my future. Wonderful and cute idea to use "outdoor" kind of fabric.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Bella,
    You are right, pillows make things more cozy. Outdoos spaces are no exception. Hope your week is going well!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're totally violating Man Law with all those pillows! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. I don't think I would leave them out!

    http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great pillow ideas. I like to change my outdoor pillows depending on the season, so I make each one a slip cover so there are't a lot to store.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.