Pink Saturday... Lilies in bloom



Sometimes, a Pink Saturday post just falls in your lap - or in this case blooms in your yard - and you have to share. I could hardly believe my luck this past week when my pink lily bloomed. I planted this lovely specimen a couple years ago, and this is by far the most prolific season it's had. Look at all those blooms! And there are still plenty of buds that have not opened. (Yes, that is a slightly confused mum behind it. It seems my mums bloom at all different times here in California.)



The blooms are simply stunning, aren't they? The buds started forming a couple weeks ago and as the number grew, I crossed my fingers they would open. This week, I was rewarded with their pink beauty. I feel like I've won the lily lottery.
As always, a special thanks to Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for organizing Pink Saturday. Please stop by her blog for a complete list of this week's participants.

We have a winner...
Last week, to celebrate Pink Saturday's second birthday, I had a little giveaway. The winner of those adorable pink and chocolate Vera Bradley mini-journals is... Donna Warrington. Congratulations! Your journals will be on their way soon.
Happy Pink Saturday, everyone. Have a wonderful weekend.

Comments

  1. Aloha Bella, you had me at your Banner! love it! and I found you through Karyn at French charming, missing her alot!!!
    thanks for the lovely Beauty
    Aloha Wishes
    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty, so nice and soft color!

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    those flowers are beautiful :-)

    have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bella

    You are right, you just had to post that gorgeous lily. Wow, that's a lot of beauty.

    Enjoy it!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Pink Saturday!


    These flowers are fabulous!

    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all flowers. Your are especially pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday and those are stunning pink lilies. I have them in my garden too here in Alaska but not a soft pink like this. I would love to find some of these to grow.
    Take Care
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm a first-time visitor, having found you through Pink Saturday.

    Your lilies are lovely. Mine aren't anywhere close to being ready to bloom.

    By the way, I love your blog name and your philosophy...indeed, beauty DOES matter. I think we all have a yearning deep within to be surrounded with things of beauty.

    Blessings,
    Patti (Of Days and Dreams)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pink lilies!!!

    Happy PS!

    Maggie@
    Do These shoes match this purse?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful lillies! Love your blog! Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and a very happy (belated) Pink Saturday to you!! I love your banner by the way!

    It's a very hot summerday in The Netherlands and I'm enjoying all pink posts in the garden! Love Es XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm way behind reading this week's PS posts. I'm so glad I read yours - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a grand prize you have in those gorgeous lilies. They are fantastic.

    Congratulations to the winner of your giveaway. And, Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yes! these are so pretty....if I were there, i should like to sketch them in the great outdoors while sipping on a refreshing glass of iced tea with one of your butterfly cloth napkins!

    you see I have the whole day planned out!

    hehe

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bella, I love your pink lilies such a beautiful pink shade. I was reading your post of something eating your garden we are having the same problem yesterday my husband tried the vinegar spray diluted with water not sure yet if it will work . Have a great day Sincerely,Jonny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.