Beauty on Etsy... Adeline's Attic Vintage

Photos from Adeline's Attic Vintage


Today is another installment in my Beauty on Etsy Series, featuring Etsy shops/bloggers that I'm absolutely head over heels for - lovely people who add a little beauty to the world (or in this case, preserve it). If you have not yet made the acquaintance of the Vintage Baroness, as I think of her, because that's the name of her blog, then you are in for a treat. Her Etsy shop is full of vintage beauties, and her blog is one of my favorites. The Baroness has style and beauty to spare, as you'll see...

Name of Etsy shop: Adeline’s Attic Vintage

Blog name and URL: Tea with the Vintage Baroness at www.lettersfromhomefront.blogspot.com

Briefly describe what browsers and buyers will find in your Etsy shop: Chic and unique vintage clothing and accessories, primarily from the 1920s to 70s, with some Edwardian pieces coming into the mix now and then.

What inspires you to collect and sell? I am passionate about vintage selling and collecting vintage (primarily from the early to mid 1930s) in large part because of the quality, beauty and uniqueness of garments from the past.

Is there a particular philosophy you follow? I believe that vintage clothing should be enjoyed and treasured as a kind of wearable history that allows us to learn about (and from) the past, while also getting a taste of the spirit of bygone eras.

Favorite find that you couldn’t bring yourself to part with? I am pretty attached to my 1930s crocheted evening gown…actually, I am in love with all my 1930s knitted and crocheted dresses and purses. A close second would be my 1930s sailor dress made out of flour sacks!

Anything else you’d like us to know about you and your shop? You can read more about me and the inspiration for my Etsy shop over at Queens of Vintage. They did a feature piece on me back in March, when I was crowned Queen of Vintage #65!!!

Comments

  1. thank you so much for this feature!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella, this is great to feature such a cute Etsy shop. What charming old dresses she sells, and how wonderful that they are given a second life when fashion comes full circle.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this feature. Her site is charming and I can see why you like it. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great feature, and I'm also happy because it helped me find your beautiful blog!!! The background, the layout, the pictures and the writing are all absolutely lovely!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dresses. I did go check out her vintage blog. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings~
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Carys, for your kind words! How sweet. And you are so welcome, Baroness. :)
    Just a quick note to everyone - the links are now working; they weren't early this morning but I fixed them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went and checked out her shop. What a collection of beautiful things! I love pretty much everything. Of course.. :P

    ((Hugs))
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is so good! i love that you're doing this....

    vintage...anything vintage works for me in my world! hehe....

    i want to get a dress form like that for my own studio some day!

    i'm off to check the etsy site out!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the second dress. It is amazing..

    Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love etsy! I could spend hours (and often do) just looking. Those dresses are just amazing!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness...that first blue dress had me written all over it! I am off to check out this link right now..thank you for sharing the JOy. Have a great day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful post! Those dresses are lovely. I am heading over to check out the blog.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.