Oh, to be in England...

Top photo: pdam2 ; Middle photo: tiarescott; Last photo: gailf548; All via flickr

I'm having one of those days where I'd rather be anywhere than where I am. (I keep hearing that old Calgon commercial in my head - "Calgon, take me away..." - Do you remember that??)
Anyway, if I could just wriggle my nose and go anywhere, this is where I'd go today. And just about any day, come to think of it. Doesn't it look beautiful and peaceful? These photos are of the Cotswolds. The Cotswolds is that area of Great Britain you always see on postcards and it's what many people of think of when they think of the English countryside - beautiful rolling green hills, gorgeous old country houses, ivy-covered cottages, little villages with odd names. In fact, it's so gorgeous, it is designated an "Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty" by the government and its agencies. How cool is that? If that whole nose-wriggling thing worked, this is where I'd stay when I popped over there: http://www.cotswold-gateway.co.uk/ Go visit - the Website is a mini-vacation in itself.
And if you haven't OD'd on pink this week, stop by tomorrow for Pink Saturday. It's my first time participating. :)

Comments

  1. Beautiful...I really want to visit England! I can't wait for Pink Saturday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a girl after my own heart. I love the Cotswolds too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.