It's beautiful, but what do I do with it?

I bought this urn/vase-type thing at TJ Maxx. The colors and flowers and birds caught my eye and I just kept going back to it, so finally I took it home. Six months later, I still can't figure out what to do with it. It's much too big to be an actual vase, but the top isn't wide enough for it to really be an urn. Plus, it's so decorative on its own, I think adding flowers or a plant would be a bit much. It's also on the larger side, so it doesn't fit on the shelves with my other dishes for display there.
In short, I have no idea what to do with this piece. But I still love it, so I'm not parting with it. It may be that it just doesn't go in my current house and it needs to wait its turn. Come to think of it, it would probably look fabulous on a sideboard in my dining room at the house I own on the other side of the country. In fact, looking at it again, I just realized the green is in the same family of green that my dining room there is painted. Maybe I bought it for that room and I just didn't know it. Ideas/thoughts/suggestions anyone?

Comments

  1. Use it in the kitchen for utensils? If it were mine I would fill it with flowers every week. I know its a little large but thats fine, just choose big flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's an idea... some long-stemmed, large flowers -- with a few grasses mixed in, maybe. That's definitely on my list to try.
    I already wondered about utensils, but it's too big -- they all just fall down in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please note that if you don't see your comment immediately, it isn't lost. I have turned off the terrible word verification process, but to cut down on spam, I now have to approve all the comments.